PICTURE HANGING ON ROPES OR ON THE WALL
Flexible picture hanging
Wherever you may choose to hang your pictures, HALBE have a wide array of hanging systems to affix your works to the wall or on rope - from classic hanging methods using nails and screws, to complete gallery rail systems or various options to protect pictures and frames against theft.
HALBE fixing holders connect frames to hanging ropes. You can also choose double fixing holders to hang two frames back-to-back. Both types are compatible with the HALBE magnet frame and thus enable especially quick and easy hanging in comparison to other hooks. Furthermore, unlike standard hooks, they are visible above the frame profile. This type of holder has its own special self-locking mechanism which allows you to choose any position on the rope. We recommend a stainless steel rope and cobra hook combination for maximum load capacity.
- To slide on, position the fixing holder at the desired height.
- To slide off, press down to release the locking mechanism to change the position of the fixing holder.
- The fixing holder can be easily attached to the corresponding spacer holes on the rear of the base element.
- The fixing holder can be affixed to the base element by turning an integrated thread pin with an Allen key.
Fixing holder instructions for use
Workloads Hanging Systems
The stainless steel rope with cobra hooks from HALBE can be attached from below to the gallery rail at any point. This is the most attractive and, at the same time, most stable rope hanging solution. Alternatively, you can use nylon or stainless steel rope with loops. You will then need sliding hooks in white or nickel-plated, depending on which better suits the colour of your gallery rail. All ropes are available in 1.5 or 2 meter lengths.
- To clip the stainless steel rope into the gallery rail, insert the cobra hook at an angle from the front and press back.
- The hook is now firmly attached to the gallery rail and can be moved from side to side into the correct position.
- To remove, pull the cobra hook forwards at an angle and pull it down and out of the gallery rail.
HALBE gallery rails can be easily affixed to walls and ceilings, thereby enabling you to hang your picture frames in a flexible variety of ways. There are two colours to choose from "matte silver" and "matte white". Silver looks particularly good with exposed concrete or to highlight colour accents. The white rail is commonly used as a discreet solution on white walls. Each rail is 3 metres long, however we advise you to order customised lengths if you prefer not to cut and adjust the rails yourself.
- For wall mounting, mark a drill hole at regular intervals (approx. 30-35 cm / 3 wall clamps per metre).
- Drill 6 mm holes at the marked points, insert raw plugs and screw in the wall clamps.
- Affix the end caps and clip the gallery rails into the wall clamps, angled from top to bottom.
- You can now insert our stainless steel rope (for example) from below with cobra hooks at any point along the gallery rail. If you decide to use sliding hooks, insert these into the gallery rail sideways.
- If you are hanging your HALBE frames with ropes, we recommend our fully adjustable HALBE fixing holders. Simply thread them along the stainless steel rope, then all you need to do is hook in the frames.
Picture frame hanging. The easy way.
Framing and hanging your pictures with HALBE magnet frames could not be easier, as you can see in our “Making Of” video. Allow us to offer you an insight into our work and creativity in the field of picture frame hanging in a convivial atmosphere.
The HALBE gallery rail. A flexible solution for walls and ceilings.
Assembly instructions for gallery rails
Examples of applications with gallery rails
A gallery rail can be a useful accessory in your living room, allowing you to re-arrange your pictures quickly and easily at any time.
In the office
Hangings may be changed around more frequently in public spaces. Being able to shift furniture and re-arrange pictures easily is of great practical value.
The classic scenario: gallery rails are part and parcel of every gallery. Creating exhibitions is child's play when you have the correct materials.
Double-sided picture frames
You can also hang pictures back-to-back with our double-sided frames suspended on ropes. They can thus serve as transparent room dividers.
Ropes & hooks. The simple way to hang pictures on gallery rails.
HALBE cobra hook instructions
Fixing holders & double fixing holders. The comfortable fixing method.
HALBE fixing holder instructions
Classic method with nails & screws
Classic picture hanging on the wall
- Simple to mount
- Inexpensive alternative
- Hanging at 1 or 2 points
Areas of application
- Private use
- Classic picture hanging
- No particular anti-theft protection
Flexible solutions with gallery rails
Flexible rope hanging
- Modifiable and adjustable
- No damage to walls
- Sets a creative tone in your space
Areas of application
- Public & private spaces
- Perfect for temporary hangings
- Can be installed at any time
Mounting with picture safety device
Secure your pictures against unauthorised removal
- Anti-theft protection
- Permanent, secure installation
- Protect your picture from falling down
Areas of application
- Primarily in public spaces
- Secure assembly
- Can be used to affix to slanting walls
One or two points
Classic and Distance magnetic frames are designed to enable hanging on one or two points using any of the four sides. Square hanging holes (from 280 mm standard edge length) allow a degree of horizontal correction. The central hole can be used to hang your picture in combination with the BS4 picture safety device.
The B1, Conservo & Protect frame types feature angled hanging holes instead of square ones to enable you to adjust the level if your hanging points are not quite horizontal. On the opposite side, straight hanging holes will help to find the right horizontal balance. In the professional version, the wall distancing element is adjustable so that you can still hang your picture perfectly on uneven walls.
The Display Magnetic frames are fitted with the BS3 picture safety device as standard. The base element of the frame is screwed tight to the wall. In addition to the versions shown here, customised solutions based on drawings are available on request.
Every HALBE frame has pre-prepared holes for hanging all the way around the rear side of the frame. These can be used to hang on ropes or directly on the wall. Different frame types have different holes.
The Mini-Magic universal hook can be used with other products, but it is not recommended for HALBE frames as it juts out at the top and is visible from the front. Thanks to an automatic locking system similar to that on the fixing holder, it is ideal for hanging small to medium-sized canvasses.
Nails, Screws & Dowels.
In the HALBE assortment you will also find suitable accessories for wall mounting. For smaller picture frames up to max. 500 x 600 mm, you can choose from two sizes of steel nails. If you want a little more support or want to hang larger formats on the wall, you can choose from two sizes of angled hooks incl. fischer universal dowels.