In recent years, the photos of photographer Manfred Koch have been shown at several individual exhibitions in Germany and abroad. In 2014 he was appointed to the German Photographic Association (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Photografie). Some of the photos of his recent exhibition can be seen here. His last show in Graz was called "Von anderen Stätten".
The pictures show his latest series. The series "Übergangenes" (short: Ü) shows abstract photos, such as detailed shots of zebra stripes in Paris that have become aged through time, weather and traffic. An hommage to the past / passed.
The series "Von anderen Stätten" (short: VAS) comprise a collection of snapshots and still lifes: volatile moments, strange encounters or poetic everyday situations. Often the photo hides clues that evoke an ironic or critical view of what it has captured.
1. Graz, 2016/2017, Universitätsbibliothek Ü/VAS
2. Nürnberg, 2011, Caritas-Pirckheimer-Haus Ü
3. Lippstadt, 2013, Galerie im Rathaus Ü/VAS
4. Frankfurt/Main, 2014, Katholische Akademie, Haus am Dom VAS
5. Stuttgart, 2014, Messezentrum, Ausstellung der Forschungsgesellschaft für Straßen- und Verkehrswesen anlässlich des Deutschen Straßen- und Verkehrskongresses Ü/VAS
6. Lippstadt 2015, Galerie im Rathaus VAS
Manfred Koch only uses silver Classic magnetic frames Alu 8, particurly the sizes 60x80 cm, 45x60 cm and 30x40 cm.