CONSERVO Magnetic Frame
For museums and private collections with particularly valuable delicate art the HALBE Conservo was developed in collaboration with restaurators. A certified PAT tested KLUG corrugated board meets even highest conservation requirements. In addition, the dustproof construction still allows for the air to circulate to let the art "breathe". Pictures can be framed and exchanged within seconds on the display side – without shifting or tools.
The faster the better.
Due to the magnetic power, the top frame can be placed or removed within seconds. It keeps the base element, glass and picture dustproof and securely and magnetically locked. Tools for opening and closing are not necessary. The work of paper is inserted from the display side to ensure exact positioning without shifting.
Precision in every detail.
The flush 45 degree mitre is almost invisible. The unmatched precision of the Halbe Conservo Frame is achieved by careful handmade craftmanship.
Thought out design.
One advantage of the HALBE Conservo is that the certified KLUG corrugated board can be loosely placed into the frame – unlike a rigid foam board. For maximum ageing resistance it is free of acids, solvents and plasticisers. Thus, it offers an ideal conservational basis for delicate art.
Durable and stable.
Embossed steel angles connect the robust aluminum profile frame in all four corners. Due to the high quality materials and neat workmanship the HALBE Conservo lasts for decades despite frequent exchanging, e. g. for exhibitions.
Fit for every wall.
To securely hang the frame at one or two points the back has hanging holes on each side. To adjust, the straight hanging holes can be slid to the side. They can also be used for rope hanging on gallery rails. Tilted hanging holes serve as an additional leveling tool to level the frame horizontally even if the nails are tilted.
Keeping artwork theft-proof.
The frame can be connected securely with the wall and protected against unauthorized opening. Also it can be combined with HALBE picture safety devices. Safety devices to prevent unauthorized opening must be ordered directly; an upgrade is not possible. The Conservo is available with the BS 1 which is invisible on the display side.
In 2013 the timeless Halbe Conservo magnetic frame was awarded with the renowned Red Dot Design Award.
- Glas type and UV protection on request
- Cut glass edges to avoid cutting or chipping
- Integrated holes for hanging at one or two points
- Straight hanging holes for adjustment by sliding to the side
- Additional tilted hanging holes to make up for tilted nails
- Finely adjustable and fireproof wall spacers to make up for uneven walls
- Plasticiser-free felt pads as separators to prevent wall damage
- Corrosion-protected metal
- Optionally with HALBE BS 1 picture safety device, the covered BS1 lock and BS 4 against unauthorized opening or removal
- 40 standard formats or special sizes up to 1400 x 2500 millimetres
- Various profiles
- Large range of colours
- RAL colours possible with larger quantities
- Delivery with reclosable carton box for further transport
- 2013 awarded with the Red Dot
- 2014 Special Mention German Design Award
The Halbe Conservo Magnetic Frame is suitable for valuable, delicate drawings, prints, documents, flat collages or other works of paper. The various options in terms of material, colour, glass and size make it highly adaptable to its surrounding or single work – for institutional or private collections.
Steel fortifies wood.
Wooden top frames are glued in the corners. They are additionally strengthened with corner angles made of steel to achieve high stability even with delicate Wood 10 frames.
The HALBE Classic Magnetic Frame is available in aluminum or solid wood. For the aluminum version there are five profiles and a wide range of colours to choose from. In the solid wood version, the frame is available in four strip cross sections with rectangular shape as well as in eight different colours.
Flatness and insertion depth.
Even contact pressure on the glass ensures proper flatness of flat pictures. Insert the glass directly on the paper or on a passe-partout or insert frame to add more distance to the picture. The insertion depth from 0 to 16 millimetres is available without additional charge. If the profile allows, you can also combine it with the Halbe D5 insert frame.
Glasses and UV protection.
The frame can be equipped with all types of glass. Use Mirogard Plus for optimum UV protection of the front. Mirogard Protect glass offers additional protection. This 2-pane safety glass cannot splinter and protects the work against mechanical damage. The edges of the glass are always cut to avoid cutting injuries or chipping. Optium Museum Acrylic meets even highest demands.
- For particularly valuable delicate objects
- Meets conservation requirements of restaurators, museums and collectors
- Ideal for flat works of paper such as drawings, prints or documents
- Loosely inserted acid-free and ageing-resistant KLUG corrugated background board
- KLUG corrugated board certified persuant to DIN 6738, ISO 16245, ISO 9706 and ANSI Z 39.48-1992
- Magnetic opening and closing without tools
- Precise object positioning on the display side
- Gaps for safe removal without fingerprints on the glass or picture
- Flexible insertion depth from 0 to 16 millimetres (depending on the model)
- Insertion depth selectable without additional charge
- Large insertion depth allows for exchanging corrugated cardboard for loose sandwich layering
- Choose between glass directly on the picture or separated by a passe-partout or insert frame