DISTANCE Magnetic Frame
The HALBE Distance enhances the effect of three-dimensional objects or delicate art without touching the glass. The fixed distance to the glass creates a special depth effect. It takes no more than a few seconds to insert or install wavy artistic paper, uneven collages or documents from the display side since are no tools necessary for magnetic opening and closing. The magnetic distance shins made of silver or lacquer matching the colour of the cartboard gives it a uniform appearance. The type of glass is also selectable.
The faster the better.
Due to the magnetic power, the top frame can be placed or removed within seconds. It keeps the base element, distance shins, glass and picture securely and magnetically locked. Tools for opening and closing are not necessary. The object or picture is inserted on the display side to ensure exact positioning without shifting.
Precision in every detail.
The flush 45 degree mitre is almost invisible. The unmatched precision of the Halbe Distance Frame is achieved by careful handmade craftmanship.
Thought out design.
To fixate the picture, the base element has protruding edges. The gaps in the corners make it easy to remove. They also protect the glass and prevent the picture from fraying at the edges.
Durable and stable.
Embossed steel angles connect the robust aluminum profile frame in all four corners. Due to the high quality materials and neat workmanship the HALBE Classic lasts for decades despite frequent exchanging.
Insert the magnetic distance shins with gap-free corners into the base element. Interlock the corners to prevent the fully inserted picture from shifting.
Due to the magnetic distance shins the depth effect of objects is particulary striking. The distance to the glass can be 10 or 20 millimetres.
In 2004 the timeless Halbe Distance magnetic frame – then still called Gallery frame – was awarded with the renowned Red Dot Design Award.
- Distance shins in white/antique white, natural white, black, silver or colour lacquered
- Loose background cardboard or from 500 mm x 600 mm only fixated in the middle to prevent the carton from bulging forward (Optional loose delivery of background cardboard).
- Glass type and UV protection on request
- Cut glass edges to avoid cutting or chipping
- PAT tested KapaFrame rigid foam board with aluminum layers
- Welded corners of the back panel for maximum stability
- Integrated hanging holes for hanging at one or two points
- Four felt pads as separators to prevent wall damage
- Optionally with HALBE picture safety devices to prevent unauthorized opening or taking down
- 40 standard formats or special sizes of up to 1400 x 2500 mm
- Delivery with reclosable carton box for further transport
For many objects, anywhere.
The Halbe Distance Magnetic Frame is suitable for three-dimensional art objects, seemingly floating installations, wavy handmade paper, documents with relief seal as well as for conservational framing of delicate art without glass contact. The various options in terms of material, colour, glass and size make it highly adaptable to its surrounding – in living or commercial spaces, galleries or museums.
Steel fortifies wood.
Wooden top frames are glued in the corners. They are additionally strengthened with corner angles made of steel to achieve high stability even with delicate wood frames.
Glass with maximum impact.
The frame can be equipped with various types of glass. For optimum depth effect and optical sharpness, use brilliant glass, e. g. the colour-neutral and brilliant white glass or the optical-interference anti-reflection white glass Mirogard Plus with UV protection against ageing and colour changes.
Colours and combinations.
The shin colour can be selected matching the top frame and background cardboard. For example, combine a white background cardboard with a white distance shin. Silver shins are a good option for silver top frames or grey background cardboard, while black shins are an ideal choice for black top frames or black background cardboard.
For safer transportation the glass is placed underneath the distance shins, which are additionally protected with corner pads.
The frame can be securely fixed to the wall and protected against unauthorized opening. Also it can be combined with HALBE picture safety devices.
Framing in just a few steps.
Remove top frame. Remove distance shins. Remove glass. Position picture. Insert distance shins. Put on glass. Put on top frame. Finished.
- For three-dimensional objects and floating works of paper
- Suitable for conservational framing without glass contact
- Ideal for private rooms, offices, galleries and museums
- Magnetic opening and closing without tools
- Magnetically adhesive distance shins
- Precise object positioning from the display side
- Flush 45 degree mitre is almost invisible
- Gaps for safe removal without fingerprints on the glass or picture
- Even contact pressure of the glass on all-round distance shins
- Dustproof, nothing gets inside
- Top frame made of aluminum or solid wood
- Colour of frame, distance shins and background cardboard freely selectable
- Standard Klug museum cardboard in colour of choice
- Flexible insertion depth from 0 to 14 millimetres (depending on the model)
- Insertion depth selectable without additional charge
- Choose between 10 or 20 millimetres distance to the glass