PROTECT Magnetic Frame
The consistent relative humidity inside the HALBE Protect provides protection from harmful and changing climate. Sensitive exhibits are kept safe anytime, anywhere – whether at travelling exhibitions, during relocations, in rooms without air control or private collections. The optimum conservation conditions are achieved by the airtight interior as well as the back wall made of KLUG corrugated cardboard, which is free of harmful acids and ageing-resistant.
The faster the better.
Thanks to magnetic tapes the top frame can be removed and placed in just a few seconds. It keeps the base element, glass and picture securely locked and prevents dust from getting inside. Tools for opening and closing are not necessary. The work of paper is inserted on the display side to ensure exact positioning without shifting.
Precision in every detail.
The flush 45 degree mitre is almost invisible. The unmatched precision of the Halbe Distance frame is achieved by careful handmade craftmanship.
The Silikagel Pro Sorb in the HALBE Protect can absorb and transpire humidity very quickly in order to drastically minimize harmful fluctuations in humidity caused by changes in temperature. The gel has a paper side, which should always face the picture. The acid-free and ageing-resistant corrugated board offers high water retention capacity and a wavy structure for ideal air circulation.
Durable and stable.
Embossed steel angles connect the robust aluminum profile frame in all four corners. Due to the high quality materials and neat workmanship the HALBE Classic lasts for decades despite frequent exchanging, e. g. for exhibitions.
Fit for every wall.
To securely hang the frame at one or two points the rear panel has straight and tilted hanging holes on each side to help leverage. Like this, the frame can easily be shifted into a horizontal position even if the nails are tilted. The screw caps and the eccentric are covered with natural plasticiser-free felt to avoid staining the wall if the frame hangs too close.
The invisible eccentric closures on the back seal the frame hermetically with a slight but strong ¼ turn. Press the glass evenly against the seal to make the frame airtight and dustproof. It also prevent unauthorized opening of the frame because in order to do so a special key is required.
To check the humidity the HALBE Protect is by default equipped with a thermo-hygrometer. Optional: Preparation for mounting an MSR data logger. The data logger is mounted on the back of the frame, the sensor inside the frame is covered with a museum cardboard. If no monitoring is required, the cable entry is sealed with a plug.
- Optionally 5 millimetres distance between glass and object with the HALBE D5 insert frame
- Glass type and UV protection on request
- Cut glass edges to avoid cutting or chipping
- Integrated holes for hanging at one or two pointsIntegrated holes for hanging at one or two points
- Straight hanging holes for adjustment by sliding to the side
- Additional tilted hanging holes to make up for tilted nails
- Finely adjustable and fireproof wall spacers to make up for uneven walls
- Plasticiser-free felt pads as separators to prevent wall damage
- Flush 45 degree mitre is almost invisible
- Corrosion-protected metal
- We recommend the HALBE BS 4 picture safety device to prevent unauthorized removals
- 40 standard formats or special sizes up to 1200 x 1400 millimetres
- Aluminum or wood profile
- Colour on request
- Delivery with reclosable carton box for further transport
- 2009 nominated for the Design Award of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 2010 nominated for the Design Award of the Federal Republic of Germany
The faster the better.
Thanks to magnetic tapes the top frame can be removed and placed in just a few seconds. The work of paper is inserted on the display side to ensure exact positioning without shifting.
The HALBE Protect magnetic frame provides consistent climate during exhibitions, relocations with changing or unpredictable humidity as well as in rooms that are not air-controlled. By meeting the special demands for conservation framing it is ideal for valuable and delicate drawings, prints, documents, flat collages and other works of paper.
Steel fortifies wood.
All wooden top frames are glued in the corners. They are additionally strengthened with corner angles made of steel.
The HALBE Protect magnetic frame is available in two profiles – Alu 18 or Wood 22. For both, we offer 40 standard formats or special sizes of up to 1200 x 1400 millimetres. There is a wide range of colours to match the frame optically to the work of art and surroundings. The various options in terms of material, colour, glass and size make it perfectly adaptable to its environment or single work – for institutional or private collections.
Flatness and insertion depth.
Even contact pressure on the glass ensures proper flatness of flat pictures. Insert the glass directly on the paper or on a passe-partout to add more distance to the picture. The fixed insertion depth of 8 millimetres can be minimised if you put an extra layer of paper underneath the picture when framing. Optionally, it is possible to create a distance between glass and object with the Halbe D5 insert frame.
Glasses and UV protection.
The HALBE Protect frame can be equipped with all types of glass. Mirogard Plus with optical-interference anti-reflection and splinter-free Mirogard Protect are particularly suitable for additional UV protection and to prevent mechanical damages, while Optium Museum Acrylic combines all positive features of the glass to meet even highest conservation requirements. All glass edges are cut to minimise the risk of injury.
The frame can be securely fixed to the wall and protected against unauthorized removal. For that, it should be combined with the HALBE BS 4 (Protect) picture safety device.
- For particularly valuable delicate objects
- Consistent relative humidity inside
- Meets conservation requirements of restaurators, museums and collectors
- Ideal for flat works of paper such as drawings, prints or documents
- Loose, acid-free and ageing-resistant KLUG corrugated board
- KLUG corrugated board certified persuant to DIN 6738, ISO 9706 and ANSI Z 39.48-1992
- 1.5 mm KLUG background cardboard included with delivery
- Humidity buffer with Silikagel Pro Sorb
- Magnetic opening and closing without tools
- Precise object positioning on the display side
- Gaps for safe removal without fingerprints on the glass or picture
- Invisible eccentric closures for the pane to put pressure on the seal
- Protected seal made of TPE
- Diffusion barrier on the back made of anodized aluminum
- Special key to prevent unauthorized opening
- Second inner tank avoids contact between work of art and seal
- Dustproof and airtight
- Fixed insertion depth of 8 or 9 millimetres depending on the glass thickness
- Choose between glass directly on the picture or separated by a passe-partout