Passepartout ConfiguratorJetzt konfigurieren
White, 1,5 mm, 210 x 210
Only after that you can add passepartout to your basket.
Your passepartout configuration
Size: 210 x 210 mm
The 21 x 21 cm square is highly popular. It corresponds to a DIN A 4 format (210 x 297 mm), cut to a square.
Strength: 1,5 mm
The most popular material thickness for a bevelled passepartout. In combination with most paper thicknesses of pictures, it fits into any type of frame without having to adjust the insertion depth of the magnetic frame individually.
Color Cardboard: White
The brightest of our three white colours. With its optical brightener, white is the ideal cardboard colour tone for offset and similar papers with a high degree of whiteness. If your paper is rather warm-toned, antique white or natural white is usually recommended.
In addition to the normal passepartout, the folding passepartout has a backing cardboard (0.75 mm), connected by an inside adhesive tape. It can be opened like a book. Practical for picture mounting and archiving purposes.
What is a passepartout?
A passepartout is a background cardboard cut out in the middle. This is placed in your picture frame between the picture and the glass. The size and position of the cut-out can be freely defined.
A high-quality passepartout offers additional design freedom within the frame. In this way it is an additional frame for your picture and additionally enhances the overall impression. The matching passepartout to the picture can thus provide a reinforcing effect. But there is another decisive advantage: a picture can be optimally fitted into an existing frame with the help of an individual passepartout. Learn more about passepartout here.
Why do I need a passepartout?
When a paper work is framed with a passepartout, it looks more valuable overall (compared to simply putting pictures in flat) and gets a beautiful stage. Because there are 5 particularly good reasons why you should choose framing with a passepartout. These reasons are the resulting depth effect, the protection of the picture, the design possibilities, the coherence of the play of colors and the individuality.
Buying museum quality mounts - What does that mean?
HALBE only uses certified museum-quality passepartout boards from KLUG Conservation. These are resistant to ageing, free of woody fibres and highly light-resistant. They actively protect the artwork and ensure a valuable appearance. You can order the matching picture frame right here in our shop! So you can buy your ideal mounts from us and enhance your wall design.
What is the advantage of a bevel-cut passepartout?
With a bevel-cut passepartout, the work can unfold multi-dimensionally. At the same time, when used with a picture frame, it prevents the glass from resting directly on the object. A carefully executed bevel cut of the inner edges conveys a certain depth and avoids shadows on the picture. A thickness of 3 mm instead of 1.5 mm enhances this effect.
The additional distance between the picture and the frame makes the framing larger overall. The eye is actively drawn to the picture. Framing with a passepartout is not for nothing the most original form of picture presentation.
Which passepartout-colours offers HALBE?
With HALBE you get five different colours. The three white tones (white, antique white, natural white) fit almost all motifs. A solid grey or black passepartout is used when a clearer distinction is required. Thus your passepartout is colored completely after your conceptions.
The pure white shade goes well with light motifs and glossy photo papers. Old white is a very neutral and slightly muted shade of white that goes well with fine art papers. Natural white, with its slightly yellowish tint, goes well with older or darker papers. Our tip: tend to choose the cardstock colour a shade darker than the paper of your image.
passepartout made to measure - What is possible?
Every image is different and deserves a custom passepartout made to measure. Each passepartout is custom made for you individually at HALBE-frames. Both the outer format and the picture cut-out are determined by you to the millimetre - at no extra charge.
The individual cut can be as desired - with one or more cutouts - up to 1680 x 2500 millimeters. Order your passepartout made to measure! If you want to learn more about who implements your custom design, check out our tour of the Passepartout station.
Passepartout made to measure - What size do I need?
The passepartout size depends on your picture and your frame. The outer format is based on the glass size of your picture frame. The cut-out is based on the dimensions of your picture. You can determine both dimensions individually in our configurator and customize your passepartout online according to your wishes.
Experience shows that a harmonious passe-partout width is approximately 10-12 % of the dimension of the longer side. The passe-partout cut-out should also be 5 mm smaller all round than your picture. This ensures that the picture is well covered by passepartout.
For a visually appealing design, you can test different placements in the configurator. Use one of the three pre-configured options "Centre", "Optical centre" and "Golden section" or specify your own border widths. How best to determine the appropriate picture frame and passepartout size.
How to order your passepartout online
- Select the desired external format from our standard formats, or specify your desired format. Simply enter the desired size in the corresponding fields.
- After you have determined the external format, enter the desired image section at the top of the configurator. We recommend to choose this about 10 mm smaller than your picture. This way, your motif will be covered by the bevelled cut of the passepartout all around by 5 mm later on. This makes it easier to mount the picture without losing too much of the motif.
- Now you can change the placement of the cut-out using one of the pre-configured options. You can also adjust the border widths manually. Often the image is centered, but a slight shift upwards (optical center) is more exciting.
- Now determine the thickness, the type (passepartout or hinged passepartout) and the desired cardboard colour. That's it! For 3 mm thick passepartouts and hinged passepartouts, make sure that there is sufficient insertion depth in your magnetic frame (the backing board of the hinged passepartout is 0.75 mm thick)
Alternatively: Order passepartouts using the "Excel order form"
If you would like to order a large number of different passepartouts, please use our Excel order form. You will find it in the "Downloads" tab. You can use it to conveniently enter your data and send it by e-mail to HALBE.
Advantages & properties of our passepartouts
Extract from the KLUG quality guarantee:
- Made by KLUG-Conservation
- 100 % bleached cellulose
- without the usage of recycling fibres
- free of wooden fibres
- acid-free (in accordance with DIN ISO 6588-1:2012)
- Alkaline buffer > 3 % natural calcium carbonate (GCC)
- Photographic Activity Test (PAT) passed in accordance with ISO 18916:2007
- highest level of permanency LDK 24-85
- Glue used for lamination free of solvents and plasticizers (softening agents)
- DIN EN ISO 9706
- ANSI/NISO Z39.48
- DIN 6738:2007
Sizes, thickness and colours:
- can be ordered online from 130 x 130 mm up to 1200 x 1400 mm
- Passepartouts available in thickness 1.5 and 3.0 mm
- larger formats possible on request
- 1.50 mm thickness, up to 1200 x 1400 mm: White, Antique white, Natural white, Grey, Black
- 1.50 mm thickness, up to 1400 x 2500 mm: White, Antique white, Natural white
- 2.60 mm thickness: up to 1680 x 2500 mm: Antique white
- 3.00 mm thickness: up to 1200 x 1400 mm: White, Antique white, Natural white, Black
Säurefrei und alterungsbeständig
Wertiges Produkt, Bestellung auf Maß millimetergenau ausgeführt.
Super schnelle Bearbeitung, Kommunikation und Qualität.
Gute Qualität …
Passt immer alles auf den…
Passt immer alles auf den Millimeter!